Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Day of Two Wonderful Pops


So, I had this HUGE ugly and painful zit....
of all places, right in between my eyes.

It had been simmering for a good couple weeks in a constant state of irritation due to my frequent use of swimming goggles. Whenever I drank out of a cup the top rim would bump it causing me to wince. No fun.

Satrday night I even had trouble sleeping it was so bad. Rolling around or catching the slightest bit of covers caused my nerves to fire out, "Hey buddy! Wake up and listen to this!" Although I'd sworn not to lay my pop-hungry fingers on it, I tried desperately to alleviate some of the pressure. The bastard wouldn't pop!!! It just got more angry and buried and painful.

I awoke Sunday morning groggy and determined. I stared down my nemeses... oh wait, that's just the crossed- eyes.... umm.. I mean, my nemesis... and I pounced with my pinchers of peril! There was no mercy this time. I squeezed as hard as I could until it popped all over the mirror with the terrific sound like a BB gun. Its pus splattered broadly onto a stereoscopic landscape.

Relief! Ah, such sweet relief!
By lunch it was a mere scab on a lumpy piece of utterly relaxed flesh and I was a happy man.

And by suppertime, I was a happy man for not one, but TWO wonderful pops:

I finally parted ways with the band "Frankpipe".


I had been teetering on whether or not I wanted to continue playing in this band for so long.  I had some much trouble accepting such a simple truth: I didn't want to play anymore.

The problem was, of course, I kept trying to come up with reasons.
I drove myself totally CRAZY thinking about this ONE THING!!!!
Totally batty, bonkers, out there, looney bin- Crazy.
I've learned that my brain will come up with more garbage than lies in the waters beyond Long Island if I give it the chance to. I literally spent most of my weekend pondering it and pondering how I've been pondering it and anaylizing the amount of time I spent pondering as compared to the time I've actually been involved in Frankpipe-like experiences. Oh my.. it was pretty bad.

In the end, all I had to do was look in my heart and say, "Ok heart, what do you think about all this."
And the beautiful thing is... the heart doesn't think. It just beats along and keeps you going, keeps you moving forward, keeps your blood going. It is connected to your head by a vast network of channels: nerves, hormones, blood vessels, chemical exchanges... but it either beats perfectly in sync with your brainwaves or it doesn't.

There's such simple knowing in your heart.

After that, it was easy. Like water. Reactions flowed, simple words spoken, heavy emotions curbed, music was exchanged, on an on... all effortless movements.
Pop! and then relief was felt by all.

Listening to my heart more lately has been incredible. There been so much beauty and lightness and surrender. It's been a such difference from the clenching I experienced in the past year. I am very grateful for this.

I am also quite curious. I wonder where my heart will lead me and what other large leaps it has in store.
As a write this, there's a huge pimple forming right above the middle of my sternum.

1 Comments:

At December 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Blogger Sean Frenette said...

Oh love....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home